Getting a home loan can be a stressful time in your life. At SouthPoint, we want to help make the process smooth and easy for you. When you are ready to begin the process and talk to a Mortgage Loan Officer, you will need general personal information such as:
Income (hourly or salary):
- Current year to date paystubs. This needs to cover 30 days of earnings.
- W2s for two years.
- Most recent two years Personal tax returns with all schedules and statements
- Most recent two years Business returns with all schedules and statements.
- Most recent social security award letter or
- Two years Form SSA 1099
- Most recent Pension statement or
- Two years 1099-R
Assets: can be personal checking, savings, retirement accounts
- Two most recent months bank statements
- Most recent quarterly statement.
All pages must be provided even the blank page and reconciliation pages.
- Full legal name
- Social Security Number
- Address history for the past 24 months (if renting, will also need the landlord’s address and telephone number)
- Employment history for the past 24 months (including company name, address and telephone number)
- List of liabilities (this is generally pulled through a credit report)
After initial approval by the underwriter, there may be additional documentation required. Some of the additional documentation could include a divorce decree, proof of child support income, letter of explanation for credit inquiries or late payments, and documentation supporting large deposit. Your Mortgage Loan Officer is here to guide you through the process and discuss with you any additional information or documentation that may be needed as the process continues.