Do you want to sell your home quickly and get the best price for it? Follow these three important home staging tips to help you enhance your home’s strengths and minimize the weaknesses so it appeals to as many buyers as possible.
Home staging tips
1. Curb appeal – you know the old cliché, “don’t judge a book by its cover?” Most buyers do just that by doing a drive-by of your home prior to making the decision to view it or not. If the outside of your home lacks pizzazz, buyers may decide it’s not worth their time to have a look inside. Here are a few ideas to lure buyers in:
- Pressure wash siding and clean windows.
- Eliminate weeds from landscaping, sidewalks and driveways.
- Add some colorful flowers or fresh greenery.
2. Clear the clutter – to ensure buyers focus on the great features of your home and the adequate amount of space it has, cleaning and clearing all surfaces, closets and floors of clutter is a must. Visit https://www.homelight.com/blog/how-to-declutter-checklist/ for some fast de-cluttering tips.
3. Depersonalize – Decorating with bright paint colors or animal prints may be your style, but too much personal style can distract buyers from seeing the amazing potential your house has and make it hard for them to visualize their things in the space. Here are some fairly inexpensive ways to depersonalize your home:
- Strip outrageous wallpaper and repaint walls.
- Take down the majority of your family pictures.
- Remove extra items from the outside of your fridge.
- If you have pets, keep their things out of sight.
If you have kids like mine, it would probably take a year to declutter all their toys, so whether you plan on putting your home up for sale next week or next year, it’s never too early to start the staging process.