We at SouthPoint Home Mortgage wanted to take some time to provide you with some tips and tricks on purchasing a new home while COVID-19 is still making its way across the United States. This is a stressful time for a lot of people and we have felt the impact as well. In an effort to try and provide top notch service to you and your loved ones here are some tips you can use to purchase your next house all while keeping yourself safe and healthy.
- Wash Your Hands – This has been all over every single piece of information that has been shared and it’s still the most important. You should wash your hands every time you meet with your loan officer, your realtor, or attend a showing.
- Virtual Showings – Many realtors have now shifted to doing virtual showings for their clients. Whether you’re buying and don’t want to walk through someone else’s home or if you’re selling and don’t want a bunch of strangers in your house, realtors understand that your health and safety are a top priority and have started making the switch to accommodate those things.
- Video Chat – Technology has advanced in so many ways, yet when it comes to mortgages a lot of people still prefer to conduct business face-to-face with a loan officer. At SouthPoint we have the option to use VideoConnect so you can actually see who you’re loan officer is and not have to be in the same room potentially spreading germs between each other.
- Home Showings – If you are selling and are comfortable allowing potential buyers to walk through your home make sure to disinfect every surface. Think back to when you bought the house. What did you touch? Door knobs, cabinets, shelves, counters – disinfect it all after every showing.
- Signing Mortgage Documents – If you need to sign mortgage documents, your Mortgage Loan Officer will be in contact. You may be asked COVID-19 screening questions if you have an appointment.
The health and safety of our members is extremely important to us. Hopefully, with these couple tricks we can curb the spread of COVID-19 while also getting you into the home of your dreams! If you’re ready to take that next step to homeownership you can you contact us online or contact one of our friendly Mortgage Loan Officers who are ready and able to answer any questions you may have, or assist you with getting an application started.